Operations Manager - North
Due to continued expansion, we are currently recruiting for an inspirational leader to join our Craft Union Pub Company team as an Operations Manager in the Northern half of England.
The Operations Manager will lead a team of up to 5 Regional Managers and have responsibility for the operational management of up to 200 managed pubs in the Craft Union estate. They will support and guide the Craft Union Regional Managers in delivering our philosophy of putting brilliant pubs back into the heart of local communities.
The ideal candidate will be a personal licence holder that has a wealth of experience of the managed pubs business including strong leadership evidence across a multi-site management team. You will be keen to show your passion and commitment in a fun, developing role - if this sounds like you then read on.
- Lead the Craft Union North Operational team
- Recruitment and development of high quality aspirational Area Managers
- Deliver a succession plan to identify and recruit the Regional Management team
- Coordinate recruitment and training of quality pub Operators
- Ensure our Operators are managed within the terms and obligations of their Management Services Agreement
- Deliver company financial budget targets by ensuring each Area within the Region delivers excellent sales and profit performance
- Accountable for the financial review of operating profit performance through regular P&L reviews
- Embrace and deliver the Craft Union strategy and approach to driving Gaming Machine income
- Ensure all Pubs within the region deliver compliance in accordance with company policy
- Ensure that the Regional Management team are maintaining exemplary retail standards within their Areas, including the correct implementation of Craft Union marketing, pricing and point of sale materials in each Pub
- Ensure that all statutory training requirements are met in full
- Ensure that all licensing obligations are monitored and delivered in each Pub through the Operations team
- Support retail concept development and evolution of the Craft Union Brand
- Report monthly to the Craft Union Exec on Operational performance
- Share best practice within the Craft Union estate
- Ensure Pub visits and reviews regularly involve weekends and evenings
- Develop a culture that encourages behaviours which reflect our values and ensures our proposition is embedded in each and every Pub
- Evidence of developing a performance culture through great teams that deliver great results
- Inspirational Leadership of a multi site management team
- Ability to evaluate and interpret financial statements
- Evidence of delivering an inspiring sales culture
- Be flexible to undertake very regular weekend/evening working
- Confident with customer interaction and bar service
- Ability to articulate and influence an understanding of the self-employed managed model
- Evidence of developing influencing skills to develop financial performance
- Experience of delivering retail execution & marketing initiatives
- The ability to relate to our target market and understand community spirit
- The ability to have fun!
- In depth understanding of the Craft Union vision and values
- Experience of operating a retail managed pub business including holding a personal license
- Experience of retail concept development, legislation and concept design
- Understanding the impact of pricing and margin in a Craft Union Pub
- Geographical knowledge of towns, cities throughout the UK
- Knowledge of licensing laws, health and safety and food hygiene legislation
We will expect a lot from you, but we will also reward you well in return. On top of your competitive salary and bonus package, we offer a range of industry leading flexible benefits including company car, private healthcare, 25 days' annual holiday (with the option to buy/sell), pension up to 10%, death in service, flexible benefits through salary sacrifice including subsidised gym membership, dental, family healthcare and My Rewards employee discount scheme. Plus of course there’s the love of being part of the UK’s leading operator of leased, tenanted and managed pubs!
If you want to be part of our future then we’d love to hear from you.